Jan 29, 2009

Final

My idea of now is to use my old scene as the environment for my final. The story behind my final project is an individual is out in the middle of nowhere is walking to a train station. In the train station he waits as he bids farewell to a loved one. Within the scene there will be a transition from day to night, indicating the duration of time. More importantly, the piece I hope to create is a bit melancholic and I hope to achieve this by using facial expressions on characters. There will not be any complex movements other than walking and normal movements in hand. Though, one complex thing that I might need to touch upon is crashing, though I am in the process of thinking through the scene it might not really be necessary. All in all in terms of animation is nothing too out of the way in terms of body movement, but I definitely want to achieve emotions through facial expressions.

The style I guess in which I'm trying to capture is one that is similar to Makoto Shinkai. He has away of rendering scenery and his narrative are always pretty melancholic, but good nonetheless. My final project is will probably follow pretty close to his style.

Here are some images of Shinkai's work.







My flythrough of my space.


A 2nd take


I'm open for collaboration.

-David M.

No comments: