Feb 14, 2011

Bacteria World





Bacteria Video This link takes you to the video of my bacteria.

Research Video Also, just for fun this takes you to a video from my research project.






















For my final assignment I would like to create a cellular environment as an extension of my final project from Maya 1. This time I would like to incorporate more advanced animation techniques to bring the scene to life.

Since it is a cellular environment I would like to create the feeling of being underwater, with the models floating more than being awkwardly suspended like they were in my first animation. I have models of two bacteria. One is a simple sphere like bacteria and the other is more complicated with flagella and cilia. I would like to have many of the spherical bacteria in the scene. A few of these will be dividing using the technique from the mitosis tutorial. I would also like to have at least one of the flagella bacteria floating through the cellular environment in a natural way where the flagella and cilia are moving as well as if it is in water. I think it would add to the realism of the scene if I used some sort of particle system to pass through the scene, like smaller particles moving around in the cellular environment through the watery density of the air.

In the previous class I could not figure out how to make a fall off type texture for my bacteria (to make it look like it is being viewed through a scanning electron microscope) but I would like to try to get that effect this time.

I would also like to include the other models that I used in the previous animation when you zoom in closer to the cell, but have them interact in a more natural way. I want to have penicillin binding to the enzyme so I will use the parent constraint technique.

I would like for the environment to feel a little dark/creepy/sinister. I think the scanning electron microscope texture effect (I included some images in the folder of what this would look like) would help achieve this effect as well as some moody lighting.












No comments: