Nov 4, 2008

2-D Cartoons in A 3-D World

Hey I wanted to share with you guys this cartoon a saw a couple of years ago. What does this have to do with Maya and 3-D ? I want to show how even though a cartoon might be in 2-D, I still think it can be relevant in our Industry. Don't worry about the story line JUST LOOK AT THE GRAPHICS. Mind you this movie is pretty old, you can tell it's like a 2-D image mixed with like some kind of 3-d effect. I guess I just think it's sad how now a days People just don't seem to care about a cartoon unless it looks like its popping out of a screen. But I still believe cartoons can be more then as relevant to the technology. I just know if a cartoon done in CLAY ANIMATION (like Nightmare Before Christmas) came out know one would care to see it because the technology used to make it is outdated. It would be good if animation could combine with idea from the past, I think that make a more interesting piece. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w74ZmiznzFk

No comments: