Feb 27, 2008

Photographing for textures

So, this tutorial seems to be in some disrepair, but if your going to be photographing any real-life textures for your work, then it will still come in handy. I hate it when I am making something and then when I get deep into the project I realize that some little detail about how i imported something is going to give me a lot of headaches trying to fix, so these are helpful tips about taking photos for texturing your objects and making sure they don't need a lot of extra work to get maya-ready.



Here is another one:
http://shutterbug.com/refreshercourse/outdoor_tips/104point/
This one is a little prettier to look at because its about photographing in general, but I thought it had good advice on how you want your textures to appear once you render them.

No comments: