Sep 6, 2007

Maya Toon Button potential

Hey its Roddy from Maya1




I've been playing around with Maya and figured out how to use the Toon button to make my models look similar to the characters in the Dragonball Z Budokai games. I'm not saying they look all perfectly professional and whantot when I try it, but with good practice one can figure it out a little.
If anybody out there is looking to make any kind of "cartoony" models on Maya, you may benefit from this tool. Here's a look at the end results if done correctly. (Image above)
If you want to see more, check out the screenshots at this site: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/824/824078/imgs_4.html
I know the Anime style may not be everybody's cup of tea, but they are a great way to make a low poly figure that looks interesting. Be sure to check out this game for the Wii console. I recently purchased it and really liked the interactivity of it all. Games of the same title in the past have really let a lot of people down because they have been formulaic and get boring really quickly, but Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 has a lot of neat features that will keep your interest for a while. People can do thigns like customize their characters, play a storymode, tournaments, ect.
In the end I found the style of the game really interesting and hopefully I can try to do something similar for my final. Try out the toon feature even if you dont think you'll end up using it anytime soon. Who know? It could come in handy someday!




No comments: