Sep 4, 2007

Fantasy Female Tutorial


Over the summer I needed a tutorial to help me create a female body so that I could create some dresses for my history of fashion class. I found on Simply3Dworld.com a really outstanding tutorial and I went ahead and dropped the $85 to buy it. I decided to make it available to everyone in the class so I put it in the student added tutorials folder, in a folder called FantasyFemale-from-Simply3DWorld. The tutorial is pretty advanced and REALLY long, but it doesn't assume any knowledge of maya. The guy who walks you through it is very careful about explaining things and whenever he uses a new tool he points out where he got it from. The tutorial goes from absolutely nothing to a fully modeled AND textured hi-res character. It has 25 parts, each one is an AVI, and most of them are about 25-30 minutes long. I haven't gone through the whole thing myself yet, but I hope to have it finished in a couple weeks. If you want to go through this whole thing yourself, expect to put in alot of hours. Using this tutorial will teach you about modeling with NURBS, Polys, and SubDs, and the differences between them. It will also go through UV mapping and building UV textures in photoshop. Anyway, I'll shut up about it now. If you're looking a challenge that will really push your skills to a new level, check this tutorial out. -Dave Mathews

No comments: