Feb 19, 2007

Free Texture Library

Hi everyone,

It's Brad. My favorite thing about modeling/animation is texturing objects. I spent the most time in 308 just searching, uv mapping, and texturing appropriate textures for my landscape. I've come across a website with a lot of high res photos covering a wide range of subjects.

The only catch is that you can only download 20 per day (per IP address). Some of these images can be seamlessly tiled, and some cannot without photoshop. If you come across an image that you really want to use..say it's a really nice shot of some grass, just do a google search for "Seamless Tiling," and you should get the info you need. I have grabbed some really nice environment textures from here. I'm particularly fond of their selection of wood and grass.

happy hunting!

No comments: